To achieve success in life, goal setting plays a crucial role in creating a roadmap and plan of action. Goal setting puts you in the front seat and gives you the power to change your life or accompany you into the future. As tempting as they sound, these goals are more often abandoned. To be successful, review your goals using my ten steps to make sure you get there.
Below we have discussed those:
1. Faith and Confidence: The first step in setting goals is to have absolute faith and confidence in the process. If you don’t believe that you can truly change your life and get what you want, you can forget about goal setting and do something else. When in doubt, look around. Everything you see starts as a thought. Let your thoughts change into reality.
2. Visualize your goal: Think carefully about what you want in your life. What changes need to be made? What are you looking to learn? What should emotional, financial, social, spiritual, personal or physical characteristics be considered? More you are with each of these dimensions, the more you will focus on your vision.
3. Pen down: Writing down your goals is the root of success. By penning down your goals, you become a creator. If you don’t write down your goals, it often means you’re forgetting them or not focusing on them. Place it somewhere so that you can view it every day.
4. Find the reason: Knowing why you want to achieve your goals is powerful. When you identify the purpose of your goal, you can immediately see why you want it and whether it is worth the effort. Knowing why you want it gives you the strongest motivation to get it done to the end.
5. Commit: This may sound obvious, but it is a move that could be disastrous if taken lightly. Pen down about why and how you are dedicated to the goal you have set, why it matters to you, what it means to you, why the result is needed and what you will do about it. Without a strong commitment, you are unlikely to meet.
6. Focus on the goal: By focusing on your goals, you manifest yourself. You may not know how to reach your goals, but it will become easier to achieve if you practice focus every day. It’s a good idea to keep your goals in a place where you’ll see them every day. Your mind will see a difference between where you are now and where you want to be, which creates pressure to change. If you lose focus, you can always get it back. Without regular practise focused on your goal, something can distract you.
7. Action and execution: When you are clear about what you want, know your goals, write down your goals, commit to them, and stay focused, you have the power of clarity to write down a list of steps to take. You may not know all the previous steps, but you know the next step to take you in that direction. A goal without a plan of action is like completing a complex project without a project plan. Too much going on, too disorganized, you miss appointments and don’t have priorities. In the end, you get frustrated, and the project/goal fails or collapses under its weight.
8. Start Now: To show how committed you are to your goals, think about what you can do now to achieve your goals. If it’s just a mobile call, make it. You will be shocked how this simple step strengthens and motivates you all the previous steps and takes you to your destination.
9. Accountability: To get through when the going gets tough, you have to take responsibility unless you get outside help as a coach to give you. It makes sense to have someone by your side who can provide valuable feedback during critical times, such as a friend or mentor. Sharing the goals with family and friends can help you take on the responsibility you are looking for.
10. Review: Make your goals’ your part of everyday life and take action. This will keep your goals alive and in your mind. This is a good time to turn the overall plan into individual action steps to take over the week. It will also help you recognize when one goal feels stuck, and you overcompensate for another.
By following these discussed steps and practising your goals every day, you will have all the elements you need to succeed and reach your goals. It’s not always easy to push. Some days might be tough, or others can be easier, but if you stay focused on your goals, you’ll be amazed at the progress you’re making. Remember that almost everything starts as a thought. You can become what you imagine if you follow these simple steps.
Tushar Pahade Classes stands by the side of every student, and our faculties at BML also help students by doing their counselling so that they can understand what their goals are, what they want to do in their career. Being a leading digital platform for online classes for CS, CA and CMA, we also offer video lectures for CA, CS and CMA that makes students study their modules sitting anywhere at their place.
Contact us today and call us at +919881114466 for more details.